If you don’t have much time and just want to find out what the best hybrid grill is, then I recommend the Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner Combo Grill as the best one.
If you are looking for the best hybrid grill, you’re in the right place. Whether you have cooked with a gas or a charcoal grill before, it’s hard to distinguish which one will give you the best results. With a combination gas charcoal grill, you’ll get the best of both worlds.
I will be taking a look at a list of top hybrid grills currently on the market. This will give you a variety of choices that will fit your personal needs and preferences.
But before I go through each one, let me first discuss a few things about the hybrid grills themselves.
Advantages Of Using A Hybrid Grill
A charcoal and gas grill does come with its advantages. If you decide to purchase one, you can enjoy the following:
Cook At Either Speed Whenever You Choose
Depending on the food you are cooking and how long you want to good them, you can get it done on a single grill. If you need to cook it fast, you’ll turn on the gas. But if you are more of the slow-cooker type, you will go for the charcoal option.
You Can Choose A Preferred “Power Source”
Just because it’s a hybrid BBQ grill, it means that you can choose to cook your food using either charcoal or gas. The key term to know is either. So you can grill with gas all the time if you feel more comfortable. The same can be said for charcoal. Either way, a combination grill isn’t picky. On the other hand, you’ll always have a backup handy just in case you have either no gas or charcoal at your disposal.
Better Temperature Control
With a hybrid grill, you’ll have a better grasp at controlling the temperature. If you want to turn up the heat, you can do so if you choose. If you want to take it down a notch, consider it done. The better control you have over the cooking temperature, the less you have to worry when you are cooking.
How To Choose A Hybrid Grill
Choosing a hybrid grill can be tricky. But it’s always a good idea to do a process of elimination so you know which one will work best for you (and your cooking). The following are some things you want to consider when making your choice.
Everyone is on a budget when it comes to buying something. There will be hybrid grills that will fit your budget and there will be some out of your price range.
Remember, it’s the quality and performance that will matter the most. Find one that not only fits your budget but will also do a good job cooking your foods of choice each time.
Don’t ever sacrifice quality just because of a low price tag.
Portable Or Non-Portable?
It’s fun to have cookouts at home. But that’s not the only place to do it.
You can have tailgating parties, spend time with family outdoors at the park or your favorite campground, or while on an RV road trip with your friends.
Your choice may come down to whether you will always do your grill cooking at home or if you are looking for something easily portable.
Construction And Durability
One of the key factors when choosing a grill is the overall structural integrity of the grill itself.
You want a grill that will last you a long time and will be hard to rust or corrode. Plus, you also want something that is solid and won’t fall apart on you over time.
Hybrid grills do not come cheap, so keep in mind this when choosing preferably of good quality.
Review Of The Best Hybrid Grills
What you’ll be looking at now is a list of the best combo grills. I have compiled it so you have more than one option to consider when you’re looking for the next grill.
Char-Griller 5050 DUO Gas-and-Charcoal Grill
This is the grill for you if you are looking for plenty of cooking space. You can, indeed, cook plenty of burgers, hot dogs, chicken, or whatever else your guests are craving for. You’ll even be able to cook them all at the same time with this grill.
The Char-Grill 5050 DUO comes with three burners that produce 48,000 BTUs (along with a 12,000 BTU side burner). On top of that, you can gain complete temperature control since it comes with an adjustable grate. This has a stainless steel heating gauge so you know the temperature at a glance.
If you opt for the charcoal option, you can quickly clean out the grill with the help of the easy dump ash pan.
So if you are looking for a grill that will make cooking easier for you, this may be the one worth considering.
- Easy to assemble: No one wants to deal with complicated assembling and disassembling. And this grill might be what you need if you want to quickly set up shop and warm it up.
- No quick rusting: If you live in a climate where it can play a role in accelerating the rusting of your grill, then this could be the switch you need. That’s because the grates and racks are made from high-quality steel that will handle any climate condition. If longevity is what you are looking for, this should be a grill worth considering.
- Plenty of cooking space: As mentioned before, you have 1,260 square inches of cooking space. That alone is more than enough to cook plenty of foods at the same time. This way, your guests don’t have limited options on what to eat.
- Not portable: If you are looking for a portable grill, you may want to keep this one at home. At 168 pounds, it will be a nightmare to load onto a vehicle and then unload once you get to your destination. You’re better off keeping this for cookouts at home.
- S-Hooks may not be strong enough: Your “S” hooks are best used for holding onto your cooking utensils where they are not in use. However, they might have trouble staying in place. If this continues to be a problem, you can replace them with different hooks.
Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner Hybrid Grill
This is a grill that may impress you with its quick converting capabilities. Plus, with the gas feature, you can cook as fast and safely as possible.
You’ll have a cooking area of 540 square inches to work with. That isn’t bad if you are cooking the staples like burgers and hot dogs.
If durability is what you want, then this could be the grill worth considering since it’s well-built and made from stainless steel materials.
This Char-Broil grill is a propane and charcoal grill. If you are looking to crank out the flavors of your food to the highest levels, you might find gas to be a good option to use. If you are cooking with charcoal, you can use the tray that will make cleaning easier for you and “flare-ups” non-existent. This grill may be of interest to you if being able to cook at any rate of speed is more of your thing.
- Quickly heats up: If you want a grill that will be able to heat up quickly each and every time, this might be a match made in heaven for you.
- Affordable for most budgets: I know that some hybrid grills may be out of your price range. But if you are on a budget, this could be a grill worth looking at. Especially if you are in search of a grill that is easy to start, quick to heat up, and will be perfect for a home cookout.
- Minimal use of charcoal: The less charcoal you use, the better. That’s what you’ll get with this grill if you opt to use the charcoal option. If you hate cleaning up something that might be quite the mess with any ordinary charcoal grill, this one should be worth looking into.
- Assembly may take some time: If you don’t have any plans for the weekend, then you can spend a couple of hours putting this together. It might take less time if you have a buddy helping you out with the assembly.
- May be hard to burn off grease: Sometimes, grease may fall through the cracks and end up settling in the bottom of the grill. When that happens, mold may settle in. So any leftover grease may not burn off. That’s why you should clean this thoroughly after each use.
Backyard Dual Gas/Charcoal Grill
Backyard’s Dual Gas/Charcoal Grill might be a great option for you if having a reasonable amount of cooking space is what you are looking for. Nothing too small, nor too big. Just a good enough space for you to cook burgers, hot dogs, and chicken.
This grill comes with three stainless steel tube burners so you can heat this fast and cook up your food of choice with ease and speed. This grill could be just what you need if you want your foods to go from grill to table in a short amount of time. If you have guests wanting a few more seconds, no problem. You can cook a batch and move on to the next when you are ready.
For a grill that may serve you well for years down the road and will never rust easily, it may be worth the investment. Especially when you don’t want to waste money over and over again until you find the right grill.
- Great for space savers: If you don’t like having a grill that is notorious for hogging a lot of storage space in your garage, this could be the one for you. After all, the cooking area isn’t all that large (nor is it small). But just enough for you to operate.
- Gas production is good: Cooking with gas is always a plus. But with this grill, you might be satisfied with the amount of gas it can produce and therefore make cooking a lot easier on your end.
- Easy to assemble: Like any other grill, it will take some time to assemble. But thankfully, it won’t be complicated compared to some. If you don’t mind assembling a grill all by yourself, this one might be the best option for you.
- Too many parts: Yes, I’ve mentioned the assembly is easy. But there are more parts than expected. If you have the patience, this could be one grill you might be able to piece together in an hour or two.
- Gas may not cook evenly at times: One of the things you may want to consider from time to time is checking the temperature when cooking with gas. You may cook evenly during one use and it might be different the next. If need be, you should increase or decrease the temperature (depending on the situation).
Char-Broil Deluxe Gas and Charcoal Combo Grill (1010 3-Burner)
This one certainly is a beauty. Especially when you might be working with ample cooking space. It has not one, but two lids so you can keep foods separate from each other. So if you are more of a multi-tasker when it comes to grilling, then you may want to look at this grill as a possible option.
You can control the temperatures on each side so you can cook your food to perfection. If you need to make adjustments to the grate while using charcoal, you can use the built-in crank. Why risk making a mess or burning yourself when trying to make adjustments? Plus, it makes the whole temperature control thing a lot easier on your end.
- Enhanced flavor, regardless of how you cook it: With a grill like this, you might just win the title of “Barbeque Master.” That’s because whether or not you use gas or charcoal, you’ll always be able to get a maximum amount of flavor out of the foods you cook.
- Quick assembly time: Unlike other grills, this one can be easily put together solo in as little as an hour and a half. Plus, you won’t have too many parts. This is the grill that could be worth your while if you want an easy setup without the unnecessary time consumption.
- Designed for large scale cookouts: If you have over 25 guests at your home for a cookout, this is the grill that you may want to use. That’s because it can cook so much food at the same time. Plus, you may cook just enough so you don’t run out of anything (and have to cook it all over again).
- Not ideal for portability: This grill weighs about 200 pounds when packaged. So it’s a grill that will have to stay at home. But no big deal if you often do cookouts at home, right?
- Some parts may rust after a while: Specifically, the drip tray, the heat tents, and heat shields may rust after long-term use (over a year or so). If you want to slow down the process, you can store it in a different environment once you have finished using it (like a garage). If you let it sit outdoors, that will accelerate the process.
Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D Dual Fuel Grill
If you’re looking for the closest thing you can get to heavy-duty, this could be the grill for you.
This has dual lids so you can cook burgers on one side, hot dogs on the other (or whatever foods regardless). The burners are made of high-quality steel and are proven to stand the test of time and consistent use. You might just be happy with this grill if you are looking for something that will last you quite a while.
If you are cooking with charcoal, you will have the ability to adjust the tray so you can control the temperature. That way, you can cook your foods quickly and get the best flavor out of it.
- Can cook large quantities: If you are planning on cooking large quantities of food, then you might want to look no further than this grill. You have just enough cooking space to grill about three dozen hamburgers at the same time. Which makes you wonder: how many hot dogs can it cook? Or how many chickens? The questions vary from food to food.
- Easy to clean: The last thing you want to do is clean a grill that might seem like a chore. If that’s the case, you should get this grill so it won’t take you all day and all night. Plus, you can clean off the grease, ash, and whatever else in a jiffy.
- Easy temperature adjustments: Too hot? Need a bit of extra heat? No problem, either way. This will allow you to make quick and easy adjustments and make temp control easier done than said. Plus, it will allow you to cook faster so you can serve the food as quickly as it can go.
- Heat distribution might be inconsistent: As such, this might be a common annoyance for hybrid grill owners. But it is important to keep a close eye on the heat when you are cooking with this grill.
While all these hybrid grills are impressive, there is probably one combo grill that might reign supreme. Though a tough choice, I give my nod to the Char-Broil Gas2Coal 3-Burner Combo Grill.
It’s not only affordable for most users, but it can also heat up just a bit faster than any other grills. So the waiting game doesn’t take too long. And you can cook just what you need in a short amount of time.